Tuesday 17 January 2012

First contact with the red squirrels

Finally my first edit with my encounters of the red squirrel. This has taken me ages to edit due to technical aspects of the video, however, it is here and ready to watch.
This video edit is on my first day in Scotland filming the red squirrels. Like I said in my last videoblog, the rangers were called off site due to very strong winds so I was very weary about leaving. It took until the early afternoon to venture out. I had never been to this place before so it was a new experience for me. Nevertheless, my photographic instinct kicked in and this is what I got up to.
Wildlife was shot on Nikon d7000 and presenting was on gopro.

Not a bad hide!



I would be very grateful if you could leave any comments about the video. 




Tips to take from the video:

  • I wouldn't recommend going to a woodland in strong winds
  • A building makes a great hide when in the right place
  • If you can, avoid shooting through windows/glass as you lose quality and light
  • Standing outside, waiting without a hide won't benefit either yourself or the subject
  • Be aware, patient & quiet! 
  • Don't do anything to harm the subject 


To look at the journey I took to get to Scotland, scroll to the 'older post' button on the bottom right.



Contact:
markfoxphoto@hotmail.co.uk
www.facebook.com/markfoxphotography

No comments:

Post a Comment